A leak of the Xiaomi Redmi 5 has just been outed and yes, it does show its features and also its hardware. The Redmi line is the affordable smartphones series of Xiaomi and the Redmi 5 doesn’t look like that it will disappoint when it comes to specs because the Xiaomi Redmi 5 reportedly will rock a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 or Snapdragon 630 processor.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Specs
- 5-inch HD IPS LCD
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 CPU/3GB RAM/16GB/32GB Storage
- 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 CPU/4GB RAM/64GB Storage
- 16-megapixel rear camera
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 3680mAh battery
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat with MIUI 9.0
The smartphone has decent specs, however, I would highly recommend getting the Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 variant as that one has a newer and better processor compared to the Snapdragon 625 which was a great processor in 2016.
There were no announced dates for the release of the Xiaomi Redmi 5, however, the prices of the smartphone have been leaked too.
- 3GB/16GB – CNY 859 (Php 6,397~)
- 3GB/32GB – CNY 1039 (Php 7,737~)
- 4GB/64GB – CNY 1099 (Php 8,184~)
We’re not even sure if the Xiaomi Redmi 5 will arrive in the Philippines soon but I the expect the smartphone will be available in grey market once it is released in China.
Source: GSM Arena