2019 is the year of foldable phone and as expected, Huawei has also joined the game with their Huawei Mate X foldable phone. The implementation of the Huawei Mate X’s folding mechanism is different from Samsung as this one packs only a single screen that can be folded and the Chinese company has touted the smartphone as the World’s Fastest Foldable 5G phone.
Huawei Mate X Specs
- 6.6-inches display for the front panel 2480×1148, 6.38-inches for the back panel, 2480×892, OLED
- 8-inches unfolded display, 2480×2200
- Huawei Kirin 980 chipset with Balong 5000 5G Modem
- 8GB RAM
- 512GB Internal storage expandable via NM card with support up to 256GB
- 40MP Wide angle lens + 16MP Ultra Wide Angle Lens + 8MP Telephoto lens
- LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, BD, Galileo, GLONASS
- 55W Huawei SuperCharge
- Android 9 Pie with EMUI 9.1.1
- 4500mAh Battery
The smartphone packs an 8-inch flexible OLED display and you can fold it to get a 6.6-inch display on the front and 6.38-inch display at the back. There’s a triple lens camera at the back too which can also be used as a front camera when the display is folded.
Inside of course is the Kirin 980 chipset which is used on the Mate 20 series and of course, there’s the Balong 5000 5G modem inside. Another cool this about this foldable phone is the 4500mAh battery that comes with 55W Huawei SuperCharge. This is the fastest charging tech that we’ve seen on a phone.
Here’s the thing. The Huawei Mate X is really impressive and innovative but it will be more expensive than the Samsung Galaxy Fold. The Huawei Mate X is priced at 2299 Euros (Php135,707~). That’s pretty steep but hey, the future of smartphones with foldable tech is getting really exciting.