Folding phones are the next big thing in the smartphone trend. We’ve seen Samsung’s folding phone implementation with the Galaxy Fold. Following the Samsung Galaxy Fold is actually Huawei’s Mate X which exposes the screen instead of hiding it like the Fold. Fast forward to the end of 2019 and we’ve seen the Galaxy Fold launch but we haven’t heard of the Huawei Mate X, that is until today.
Taobao listings started popping out with pre-order details of the Huawei Mate X priced about Php 500,000. That’s right, half a million pesos.
The Huawei Mate X has an SRP of €2,299 or roughly Php 128,996 for the 8GB/512GB variant. The cheapest pre-order listing we found is at 39,999 RMB or Php 289,254 to 58,880 RMB(Php 425,793). Which is more than twice the Europe SRP. Pre-order prices this high could only translate to either a very limited number of stocks or there’s really just a high demand in China – considering the Galaxy Fold has a love-hate appeal towards consumers.
To learn more about the Huawei Mate X, read our Huawei Mate X Hands-on and gaming article here. Would you buy the upcoming Huawei Mate X?
Huawei Mate X Specs
- 6.6-inches display for the front panel 2480×1148, 6.38-inches for the back panel, 2480×892, OLED
- 8-inches unfolded display, 2480×2200
- Huawei Kirin 980 chipset with Balong 5000 5G Modem
- 8GB RAM
- 512GB Internal storage expandable via NM card with support up to 256GB
- 40MP Wide angle lens + 16MP Ultra Wide Angle Lens + 8MP Telephoto lens
- LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, BD, Galileo, GLONASS
- 55W Huawei SuperCharge
- Android 9 Pie with EMUI 9.1.1
- 4500mAh Battery