In this crisis, all of us should stay at home to avoid catching the COVID-19 but in case you’re bored at home, here’s a good way to spend your time during this Enhanced Community Quarantine implemented by the Philippine government. One of the best ways to do be more productive at home is to clean and maintain your appliances.
Why? because according to a study published in March 2020, the SARS-CoV-2 or the COVID-19 can stay on the surfaces of your appliances such as plastics and stainless steel for a time so it’s better that you always clean your appliances and devices.
Now, how do we clean up some of our appliances? Well, here are some tips from XTREME.
- Sanitize your remote and wipe off your TV
- This is really important as dust is a common allergen that may cause allergic reaction so it’s really recommended to wipe off the dust on your TV. To avoid damaging the surface of your TV, it’s better for you to use a microfiber cloth or a soft cloth on the display and make sure to avoid pressing it too hard to not cause any damage.
- Of course, sanitize your remote controls as it gets dirty because a lot of hands and fingers have already touched it. But before cleaning it, be sure to remove the battery first and wipe the surface and buttons with alcohol-based wipes or cloth damped with at least 70% isopropyl alcohol
- Clean your air conditioner to avoid it getting clogged and dirty
- Cleaning your air conditioner at home Is essential as it will give you more savings and in energy and also more efficiency for your air conditioner. More importantly, a clean filter will not cause itchy eyes, headaches, and respiratory problems. And oh, do not use your air conditioner 24/7 so it won’t damage the compressor and condenser.
- Your refrigerator should be kept clean
- It’s important to keep your refrigerator clean as we always use this as our storage for our food such as fresh meat, vegetable groceries and even cooked food which is why it’s essential to keep the food-borne illnesses away.
- Be sure to make it a habit to check your stored goods weekly and be sure to throw away the expired goods and keep the remaining in a proper storage. And of course, be sure to clean it regularly by taking out the shelves and drawers and wash them with dish soap. Another tip from XTREME is to use activated charcoal or open baking soda to eliminate the foul odor and maintain its fresh smell.
So there we go, those are just some of the tips that you can apply to be able to have a cleaner and healthier home.