Here is a piece of not so surprising news for everyone — the Samsung Galaxy Fold is sold out after pre-order in the Philippines at telecom partners including Smart. Why is the news not surprising? Well, it’s a folding smartphone and despite the expensive price tag of the smartphone, some Filipinos can still afford the smartphone.
“We’re overwhelmed by the support of our loyal customers for wanting to unfold the future with the Galaxy Fold. They will be among the exclusive few who can get their hands on the biggest breakthrough device that began a new era in mobile technology,” says Jerry Mañus, BusinessUnit Head of IT and Mobile, Samsung Philippines.
The pre-order of the Samsung Galaxy Fold started last December 1 and it’s already sold out in just a day. Aside from the cool folding display of the smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy Fold comes with a Galaxy Buds and also an aramid fibre cover. The smartphone will also come with access to Galaxy Fold Premier service that includes Samsung Concierge and Samsung Care+.
Samsung Galaxy Fold Specs
- 7nm 64-bit Octa-Core Processor
- 12GB RAM LPDDR4x
- Main display: 7.3-inch QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED (4.2:3)
- Cover Display: 4.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED (21:9)
- Cover camera: 10MP selfie camera, f2.2
- Rear Triple Camera:
- 16MP Ultra Wide Angle Camera, f2.2
- 12MP Wide-angle camera , Dual Pixel AF, OIS, f1.5/f2.4
- 12MP Telephoto Camera, PDAF, OIS, f2.4, 2x optical zoom
- Front Dual Camera:
- 10MP selfie camera f2.2
- 8MP RGB Depth Camera f1.9
- Fast Charging
- Wired Charging with QC2.0 and AFC
- Wireless Charging compatible with PMA and WMC
- Android 9.0 Pie