MediaTek launched Dimensity 8000 5G chip series, improving connectivity, displays, gaming, multimedia, and imaging features for premium smartphones.
The series consists of the Dimensity 8100 and Dimensity 8000 system-on-chips (SoCs), borrowing the advanced technology of the flagship chipset Dimensity 9000.
In addition, both chips come with an Arm Mali-G610 MC6 GPU and MediaTek’s HyperEngine 5.0 gaming technologies. The Dimensity 8100 also delivers 170fps, while the Dimensity 8000 offers 140fps.
The features of the Dimensity 8000 series chips also include:
- Support for up to 200MP cameras and 4K60 HDR10+ videography
- MediaTek’s latest noise reduction and AI-based unblur techniques in extreme low-light environments for crisp shots with enhanced details
- Simultaneous dual-camera HDR video recording. Users can record with the front and rear cameras or two different rear lenses – for example, wide + tele – simultaneously
- Leading 3GPP R16-ready 5G modem to boost sub-6GHz performance using 2CC Carrier Aggregation
- MediaTek’s 5G UltraSave 2.0 power-saving enhancement suite for improved efficiency
- Support for Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.3 for seamless coexistence of Wi-Fi connectivity and Bluetooth peripherals
So, what can you say about these new chipsets from MediaTek?
Share your thoughts with us!