Finally, the ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom has finally been announced by ASUS early this morning and as expected, this smartphone will pack a dual lens camera similar to the iPhone 7 Plus but not just that as this smartphone also packs a 5000mAh battery. This smartphone also runs on the same processor that was used in the ASUS Zenfone 3 which is the Snapdragon 625 which is known for its good performance and also longer battery life.
The camera feature that really catches my attention was the aperture. The ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom packs a f/1.7 aperture which can compete against today’s flagship smartphones. It also uses the Sony IMX 362 sensor and the smartphone also offers a 2.3x optical zoom as the two lenses of this smartphone works like the iPhone 7 Plus.
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom Specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor
- 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED Display
- 4GB RAM
- 32/64/128GB Internal Storage with MicroSD Card slot up to 2TB
- Dual 12-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, laser autofocus, Sony IMX362 sensor, f1.7 aperture, 2.3x Optical Zoom, PDAF, EIS, OIS
- 13-megapixel front camera, Sony IMX214 sensor, f/2.0
- Dual Sim
- Fingerprint scanner
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, A-GPS
- USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
I really want to see how the ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom’s camera performs, however, we don’t have a review unit right now but hopefully, we could get a hands-on of it next week. The ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom will ship this February however, the pricing wasn’t announced.